My New Potting Shed

I have always dreamed of having an idyllic potting shed tucked away in a sunny corner of the garden, in which to escape.  But as of yet,  I still haven't saved the pennies for the one of my dreams.  Yesterday was one of the first gloriously sunny days of the summer and I was pottering about outside in our backyard having a good old tidy up.  When it came time for a well earned tea break, I dragged a chair into our back porch to look out and admire the garden - then it struck me that I already had the perfect potting shed - THE PORCH! If I cleared out and re-homed all the junk (as we do use it as a dumping ground), actually used the welly rack instead of flinging boots willy nilly, there would be plenty of room for a potting table and a chair to sit back and relax.  So, that afternoon I was on a mission and here are a few pictures of the end result.












I also found the perfect home for my new cushion from Angel Linens.  Not long ago I entered a competition to win one of two beautifully hand made vintage linen cushions - and I WON! WooHoo!  The lovely lady behind these creations contacted me and I went to meet her at her gorgeous shop in the market town of Easingwold.  And what a delight it was, not only to have a good nosey around her very tempting shop, but to meet the lady herself...I came home feeling very inspired.  You must, must checked out her website and blog at www.angel-lifestyle.com.







I still dream of my potting shed in the sunny side of the garden, but I think this makes a pretty good substitute in the meantime!

Till next time xx

Comments

  1. Oh it looks fabulous! Isn't it amazing how we can live with something for ages, and then it just 'hits' us that it would be the perfect spot for 'A', 'B' or 'C'. You've done a brilliant job and it looks SO cosy - perfect - well done!
    Beautiful blog too!
    Paula x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Naomi. The potting shed and cushion both look wonderful. Thanks for your lovely comments about the store. Our new chalk paint tester pots are due to be delivered tomorrow so do pop in the next time you are over this way. Enjoy the sunshine. K x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic!!! You've done a super job!!! :-)
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Post message here!

Popular Posts